incomplete x11r7.1 tree

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Mon Jun 5 15:20:07 PDT 2006

Am Montag, den 05.06.2006, 19:31 +1000 schrieb A. Duvnjak:
> Hi,
>   I've noticed the X11R7.1 tree on ftp.x.org and its mirrrors are
> incomplete.  In particular many of the required proto files and some
> libraries are missing (such as xproto, bigreqsproto, xtrans etc), and
> need to be obtained from the X11R7.0 tree in order for X to build
> properly.
>
>   I understand this isnt particularly a problem for developers and
> those upgrading from X11R7.0 as the requirements will be met from the
> X11R7.1 on its own.
>

>   Is there a reason behind this, or was something just overlooked?

See http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R7.1/doc/README1.html#1. I'd agree that this
is a good place to hide this info from an experienced user/developer. I
thought I knew what X11R7.1 was. Why do I need to read "What is X11R7.1"
to find this info? ;-)

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |