Slow X startup and Hammering /proc/pci

Patrick McFarland diablod3 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:01:55 PDT 2006

On Monday 05 June 2006 16:20, Thomas Leonard wrote:
> Making the averages, rather neatly, 3.69, 3.59 and 3.49. So the saving
> with both patches combined is about 5%. Sorry the savings aren't as
> impressive as first thought - I guess the pci probing code was doing an
> unusually high percentage of system calls, making it look worse than it
> actually was.

Don't sell yourself short, with something like X, any speed increase helps,
especially since X takes nearly forever to startup (at least compared to,
say, the rest of the average userland setup on a distro)

--
Patrick McFarland || www.AdTerrasPerAspera.com
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,