Building Modular: Floating point exception when running makekeys

Ashley Hooper ash_hooper at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 12:58:08 PDT 2006

Hi Peter,

Thanks muchly for pointing me in the right direction, I may need a tad more
guidance though - see below:

> >> </home/ash/xorg-cvs/modular/include/X11/keysymdef.h >ks_tables_h
>
> As I had the same problem and it took me a while to figure everything
> out, here's the verbose answer:
>
> $> apt-get install git-core
>
> in your X.org CVS tree go to lib/ and remove the X11/ directory. then
> check out libX11 from git.
>
> $> git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/lib/libX11
> $> mv libX11 X11
>
> by renaming the directory to X11/ the build.sh script will build it.
> libX11 is dependent on xcb which you need as well.
>
> Then you need XCB, which is in git as well.
>
> $> git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xcb
> $> apt-get install check
>
> $> cd xcb-proto
> $> ./autogen.sh --prefix=<wherever>
> $> make
> $> make install

(Incidentally, running the xcb-proto 'make' above gave the "nothing to do"
message for targets 'all' & 'all-am' - not sure if that's important)

Excuse my ignorance, but what should I be putting for the prefix paths in the
above and below autogen commands?  The xcb-proto 'make install' copies a bunch
of files to $prefix/include - I presume it's the same path in all 3 locations,
and that the build.sh script is going to expect the resulting files to be
somewhere in the modular source tree?  I'm guessing the most likely candidate
is the directory we renamed from libX11 to X11, now sitting at lib/X11?

> $> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=<wherever>/lib/pkgconfig
> $> cd xcb
> $> ./autogen.sh --prefix=<wherever>
> $> make
> $> make install

> Now you should be able the util/modular/build.sh script. My machine
> is still compiling but it seems to have gotten past the libX11 problem.

Just out of interest, did the compile complete successfully or is it still
going? :-)

Cheers
Ash

--