radeon + DVI via docking station

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Fri Jun 9 09:13:06 PDT 2006

Matthias Hopf wrote:

> Alex is right, it is probably of no use to test radeon10b. But testing
> is easy at least.

Okay, I tested it. I found out quickly that it does not work. =;-)

>> If not, do I have to recompile xorg myself or are there rpms availible
>> that are compatible with SuSE 10.1?

Okay, so there is the option to try radeontool to manipulate the
registers or to compile the x driver. In what way would it help to
change the registers of the card? I have a picture, so the DVI output
seems to work somehow, the problem is that the system crashes. This
seems to suggest that I have to compile the drivers. Is there a howto
somewhere?

Thanks and greetings

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller

Universität Potsdam      Tel: (+49) (+331) 977-2180

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/