Hi All, I want to compile X11R7.1 From Scratch

Donnie Berkholz spyderous at gentoo.org
Sat Jun 17 17:45:31 PDT 2006

nokideen wrote:
> I formerly I use XFree86 4.3 User
>
> I want to compile the new X11R7.1 from scratch and I want to take at /opt/xorg
>
> there are so many package, I dont know which to start. There are no
> explanation about Compiling/Installing the New X11R7.1 in X.org website.

Yeah, that is really not the best site to use. Try
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/ instead for your X.Org needs.

> And there are no binaries provided yet by any vendors.

Really? I would be quite surprised if no other distributions besides
Gentoo had packaged 7.1 yet. It's probably in rawhide, experimental or
whatever the equivalent is. For building by hand, take a look at the
Modular Developer's Guide [1].

Thanks,
Donnie

1. http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide