x.org 7.0.0 945GM will not go into 1280x800 mode

Jeffrey Hundstad jeffrey.hundstad at mnsu.edu
Fri Jun 23 11:43:31 PDT 2006

Hello,

First thanks for your time.  I've just received a Dell Latitude D820
with an Intel 945GM (pciid: 8086:27a2).  The display claims to be a
1280x800 display... but I can't for my life get it into this mode.  I
can only use it at 1024x768.  I've used get-edid and parse-edid to get a
valid mode line but still can seem to get it to work.  I'm using the
i810 driver.  Can someone lend a few minutes to see if I'm missing
something somewhere.

I'll attach my config and log output and lspci output.

Thanks again for your time.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffrey Hundstad