x.org 7.0.0 945GM will not go into 1280x800 mode

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Jun 24 10:25:36 PDT 2006

Jeffrey Hundstad wrote:
> Tim Dijkstra wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:43:31 -0500
>> Jeffrey Hundstad <jeffrey.hundstad at mnsu.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> First thanks for your time.  I've just received a Dell Latitude D820
>>> with an Intel 945GM (pciid: 8086:27a2).  The display claims to be a
>>> 1280x800 display... but I can't for my life get it into this mode.
>>> I can only use it at 1024x768.  I've used get-edid and parse-edid to
>>> get a valid mode line but still can seem to get it to work.  I'm
>>> using the i810 driver.  Can someone lend a few minutes to see if I'm
>>> missing something somewhere.
>>>
>>> I'll attach my config and log output and lspci output.
>>>
>>> Thanks again for your time.
>>>

>> Google for 915resolution. It's a hack to change your video bios.
>>
>> grts Tim
>>

> Tim,
>
> Thanks a ton!  915resolution did the trick.
>
> For reference:
>
> 915resolution can be found at: http://www.geocities.com/stomljen/
> The Debian package is called: 915resolution
> The Debian config file is at: /etc/default/915resolution

Better yet, grab it as an RPM!  Go to:

ftp://ftp.redfish-solutions.com/pub/915resolution-0.5.2-2.src.rpm

This makes installing it a lot easier...  Once you install the package, you
just need to edit /etc/sysconfig/915resolution appropriately.

I haven't tried it on non-Fedora systems...  If anyone tries it and has
issues with
it on other systems (installing files into wrong directories, etc) let
me know and
I'll try to patch it.

-Philip