Improving Xorg

Samuel Verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 05:15:52 PDT 2006

I actually don't really see the problem om building the modular XOrg,
except for not being clear what is needed and what is what. 2 ppl (of
which i'm one) developped the modules for the modular X (7.0 and 7.1)
for lunar-linux (source based distro) and as all modules are practically
the same it was a simple matter of taking a look at the dependencies,
the version number and the checksum... The building is for almost every
module exactly the same so imho the building of the modular XOrg is a
matter of writing a script... nothing more... (and basically that is
what lunar-linux provides you... not that i want to force you in using
a distro but sometimes it's not a bad idea...)

The main problems we encountered when we were developping the modules
is that we had no idea how to find out what depended on what... and
what all of these things are... And many of them are still not
described in our package manager.

just my 2 cents...
gr,S.