personal git trees on people instead of git?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jun 29 21:21:47 PDT 2006

Now that Daniel has NFS mounted the git repo from kemper to annarchy,
I'd like to reconsider where we store personal git repositories.

Moving them from kemper(git) to annarchy(anongit,people) will allow
people to manage repositories on their own using their shell account.
With them on kemper, it's actually harder to create your own repo than
commit on a branch in the central one. Ick.

With this change, I'd also like to push for a general policy that
personal development be done in personal repositories. With git's
ability to share files across repositories, this doesn't present any
disk space concern. It also permits anyone with an account to publish
changes for any fd.o project.

Does this seem sensible?
keith.packard at intel.com