Hungarian layout problem with evdev driver

Ander Conselvan de Oliveira ander at c3sl.ufpr.br
Fri Jun 30 16:37:53 PDT 2006

Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
> Ander Conselvan de Oliveira írta:
>> Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
>>> I wanted to try whether a stock system with the "evdev" X driver
>>> can be used instead for the stock evdev kernel driver but I run
>>> into a problem with the hungarian layout. I have specified this
>>> section below for one of my keyboards:
>>>
>>> Section "InputDevice"
>>>        Identifier  "Keyboard1"
>>>        Driver      "evdev"
>>>        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
>>> #       Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
>>>        Option      "XkbLayout" "hu"
>>> EndSection
>>
>> I guess it should be "XkbModel" "evdev".
>
> It's the default for the "evdev" driver according to the man page.
> It's working basically as "XkbModel" "pc104" on the "kbd" driver.
For the Brazillian ABNT2 keyboard, it was necessary to use a especially
made model definition: evdev_abnt2. Apparently, the kernel should map
the keys to symbols, but the evdev protocol just send keycodes, not
symbols. I guess you will have to make a evdev_hungarian model definition.

Regards,
Ander

--
Ander Conselvan de Oliveira
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre