Undefined symbol "xf86MatchSbusInstances" (Re: testing modular X.org on DragonFly (fwd))

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Mar 1 09:36:30 PST 2006

Monolithic X.org works on DragonFly. I have been working on getting the
modular cvs version to build.

I was forwarded the following:

dev# ./bin/Xorg -configure

X Window System Version 7.0.0
Release Date: 21 December 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.0
Build Operating System:DragonFly 1.4.1-RELEASE i386
Current Operating System: DragonFly dev.shiningsilence.com 1.4.1-RELEASE
DragonFly 1.4.1-RELEASE #1: Fri i386
Build Date: 25 February 2006
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
Module Loader present
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/usr/home/justin/xwork/xout/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun
Feb 26 23:13:55 2006
List of video drivers:
        apm
        ark
        ati
        atimisc
        r128
        radeon
        chips
        cirrus
        cyrix
        dummy
        via
        glint
        i128
        i740
        i810
        imstt
        mga
        neomagic
        newport
        nsc
        nv
        rendition
        s3
        s3virge
        savage
        siliconmotion
        sis
        sunbw2
        suncg14
        suncg3
        suncg6
        sunleo
        suntcx
        tdfx
        tga
        trident
        tseng
        vmware
        voodoo
        fbdev
        vesa
        vga
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.2:
/usr/home/justin/xwork/xout/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/sunbw2_drv.so:
Undefined symbol "xf86MatchSbusInstances"

This was from a "build.sh" install.

I think that is only for Sparc hardware. But this example above was from
an i386 hardware.

The working 6.9 install's -configure did not list: fbdev, the sun* and
voodoo video drivers.

Where should I look from here?

Should configure even list this as an available video driver?

Or should this SBUS (which doesn't exist here) have support here?

Thanks,

Jeremy C. Reed