Failed to load module "xyz".... LoadModule: Module xyz does not have a xyzModuleData data object

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Mar 3 05:53:36 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 14:12 +0100, Manuel Bernhardt wrote:

> I'm currently try to get the XVideo extension get working with the ati
> binary drivers,

What's the problem you're trying to solve? (Not that this is list is
appropriate for discussing issues with proprietary drivers)

> but i get already an error message ...
>
> First i get only this messages:
>   (EE) LoadModule: Module Xv does not have a XvModuleData data object.
>   (EE) Failed to load module "Xv" (invalid module, 0)
> during start of X ...
>
> I do some things with xorg.conf but nothing helps ... so I removed the
> x-server complete and installed/compiled it completely new ... now i got
> additionally error messages during x-server start:
>   (EE) Failed to load module "speedo" (module does not exist, 0)
>   (EE) LoadModule: Module freetype does not have a freetypeModuleData data
> object.
>   (EE) Failed to load module "freetype" (invalid module, 0)
>   (EE) LoadModule: Module Xv does not have a XvModuleData data object.
>   (EE) Failed to load module "Xv" (invalid module, 0)
>   (EE) LoadModule: Module XvMC does not have a XvMCModuleData data object.
>   (EE) Failed to load module "XvMC" (invalid module, 0)

There are no "Xv" or "XvMC" X server modules, and it looks like you
overwrote the freetype X server module with the standard freetype
library. None of this is necessary for your stated goal of getting
XVideo working, but it already seems to be working in the log file you
included.