Xgl and Xinerama

Colin Guthrie xorg at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Mar 6 09:07:04 PST 2006

Hi,

Searched the archives but didn't find much.

What are your plans with regard to this David?

Currently I am using Xgl as my default desktop and I love it, but I
really do miss Xinerama/TwinView support... it's a total pain maximising
a window and getting a massive screen that covers both monitors ;)

I was thinking about how it should be done and figure it should really
just be a "proxy" extension which takes and xinerama queries it gets and
simply asks the underlying X server :93 what it's xinerama extension
says and then report that back to whoever asked in the first place.

Obviously compiz would also have to be updated accordingly right?

That's my (very) simplistic take on things. I am not really familiar
with X beyond average hacking about here and there, so could be way off
base.

I'd be happy to help implement some of this if it's not too crazy
complex and someone can point me in the right direction :)

Col

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |