xgl and gnome-window-decorator

Mike Russo miker at readq.com
Tue Mar 7 07:57:52 PST 2006

No suggestions, but I did want to report that I get the same error. :(
compiz works but no window decorations are found (making the Xgl
environment pretty much unusable).

Things I have tried to make this go away:
a. I have tried emerging compiz with CFLAGS="-O0" with no luck. For some
reason, the inline shadow images in gnome-window-decorator.c are not
getting turned into gdk_pixbufs!  No idea why, as
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_inline() is not a function that (to my knowledge)
should commonly fail on one machine and succeed on countless others.

b. Tried editing gnome-window-decorator.c  to use the non-__GNUC__
definition of _shadow[], just in case there were weird alignment issues.

c. The CFLAGS with which I emerged all my packages (and gtk+) are:

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"

Tried emerging gtk+ (where gdk_pixbuf_new_from_inline() lives) with
CFLAGS="-O2" ONLY. Same error in gnome-window-decorator.