Disabling drag events?

Kit Peters popefelix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 08:11:38 PST 2006

Interesting. OK, let me define "drag event," then, and then perhaps someone
can tell me where I need to look from there, whether it's in the X sources
or somewhere else.

I define a drag event to be a motion event (as previously defined by Owen
Taylor) where throughout the duration of the motion event, a button on an
input device remains in the pressed state.

An example of a drag event would be the event that takes place when I click
and hold my left mouse button and move it across a line of text to highlight
it.  Another example of a drag event would be the event that takes place
when I click on a file icon in Konqueror and drag the file icon on top of
another file icon.

Does this clarify things?