Release process for Xorg 7.1

Thomas Hellström thomas at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Mar 16 05:09:05 PST 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:

>Drivers, video, clear and active maintainers: i128, i810, mga, nv, sis, sunffb
>(by proxy), trident, tseng, via, vmware
>
>i128 changes are trivially correct, just bumping to new EXA.  mga has some
>cleanups and features I'd like to get merged, but they're quite low impact so
>can probably be done straight from head.  sunffb's changes are almost
>entirely nuking support for xf8_32wid, which I did with davem's blessing, so
>that can be released straight from head.  I can't speak for any of the
>others, so I need maintainer input here.

Via has seen a number of bugfixes (Primarily modesetting and Xv) and got
EXA incorporated. If P4M800/VM800 chipset support stabilizes (need user
feedback), we'll include that as well.

However, EXA is reported severely broken after the recent API change.
I'll fix that up before release if time admits or disable via EXA.

/Thomas