XRender acceleration

Zack Rusin zrusin at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 16 15:23:03 PST 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 16:04, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Grnh, I always blanch at this suggestion, the tuple you'd need for accurate
> identification is unpleasantly large.  I suppose the loader could attach
> some atoms to the root window of each screen; would that be close enough?

Sure. Anything would be fine. Note that all we need is card info/driver
version and possibly vendor. All other info can be queried in other ways and
in general if there's some other system problem it's not up to us. All I want
to know is that on machine with Card Y and driver Z (and possibly cpu X but
that info can be fetched by other means) user got the following results.
Whatever gives me that info is fine/awesome.

Zack