i830 raw mode driver

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 02:34:56 PST 2006

> Alan's on holidays at the moment, so I can't answer directly for him,
> but to say that it sounds like from your description that you've got
> some reservations about having it go straight into the trunk.

Well my reservations are about how much support I can give to people
testing things, but I would like the code to be available to people
that want to use it or improve it....

> Until then, do you think the code's in a state that could be merged but
> disabled by default (ie an option to turn it on, rather than one to turn
> it off)?  Or is it too raw for that?

Well at the moment the option is to keep it off by default, so that's
fine, and it only intercepts things in a few places, so it probably is
quite mergeable...  I might get to fix up any small issues I find with
it in the next while...

> Is this something you're thinking of for 7.1, or to hold over for the
> release after that?

Might want to waste for post 7.1,... I suppose we can see what Alan thinks....

Thanks,
Dave.