XGetImage problem...

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Fri Mar 24 03:46:32 PST 2006

Hi,

> > --code snippet--
> >
> > 	rootpixmap = *(Pixmap*)data;
> > 	image = XGetImage (
> > 		dpy, rootpixmap, x1, y1, widht, height, AllPlanes, ZPixmap
> > 	);
> >
> > The position values for x1 and y1 are correct and the width and
> > heigth are as well correct corresponding to the current window
> > position and size
> >
> > The result is a bad match which I don't understand ?
>
> Have you tried calling XGetGeometry on rootpixmap to check that your
> rectangle is within bounds?

I added a call to XGetGeometry and printed the values which
are really really out of any range... very big negative integers
so XGetImage is surely right with its BadMatch exception

I asume the data I got from the XGetWindowProperty() call is
far away from beeing a pixmap but it returend "Success"

Hmm

Thanks

Regards
Marcus
--
 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH