XGetImage problem...

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Fri Mar 24 11:15:24 PST 2006

> > I asume the data I got from the XGetWindowProperty() call is
> > far away from beeing a pixmap but it returend "Success"
> That just means that it successfully retrieved the requested amount of
> data from the specified property. It doesn't imply that the data is
> "valid" in any way.

yes I understand
> Properties are simply lists of 8, 16, or 32-bit values, along with an
> associated type atom. When a property is set, nothing checks that the
> data actually conforms to the format implied by the type atom. The
> only type-checking involved is that XGetWindowProperty() will fail
> unless the req_type argument either matches the property's type atom
> or is AnyPropertyType.

yes I checked the type to be of type XA_PIXMAP which it was
but as you already said that's not a guarantee for a valid pixmap
data. Thanks for explaining

 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
 Tel: 0911-740 53 0             Maxfeldstrasse 5
 FAX: 0911-740 53 479           D-90409 Nürnberg
 http://www.suse.de             Germany