Xorg 7.0 and radeonfb - a no-go?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Mar 27 14:24:57 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 16:53 +0200, David Gómez wrote:
> Hi,
> On 3/27/06, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:> There have been loads of fixes to the radeon driver fixing a number of> cases of lockups among others since 7.0 release... You can get an> updated driver from the ati-1-0-branch in CVS that should build & work> with a 7.0 server
> No, that doesn't fix it (except if it has been fixed three o four daysago in CVS), because as i already told in another message, i had a lotof "idle timeout" messages and redrawing problems with the radeondriver (with XOrg/ati cvs HEAD), without DRI enabled. What solved theproblem was disabling the radeonfb in the kernel. Currently enablingradeonfb and using at the same time the radeon Xorg driver with DRIdisabled is not possible.
> regards,

Sorry, your message isn't very clear...

Yes, there have been fixes in CVS since 3 or 4 days ago though I don't
know if they affect yur problem. I don't remember you talking about
interaction with radeonfb & dri in that way, and I don't remember seing
your "other" message, can you CC me or better file a bugzilla entry with
all the relevant informations and add me on CC to it.

Ben.