Acer Aspire 5024 wlmi, FC5, modular xorg, radeon mobility X700 and no widescreen (16:10)!!!

Patryk Malina patryk at stemar.com.pl
Mon Mar 27 15:04:38 PST 2006

The driver radeon can't initialize any resolution (black screen, no
errors) , so I was enforced to install FC5 and work with vesa driver.
Today I have found (in `man radeon`) and tried useful setting :

Option      "MonitorLayout" "LVDS"

X server starts, but my native resolution (1280x800) could not be set.
The appearance is strange. Initiated resolution is 1280x768, but it
looks like the native 1280x800 is displayed, because at the bottom of
screen I have the same area as at the top (fragment of screen is
duplicated). Also there are small black dots on the screen and shadows
of closed applications (I suppose it is incidental effect of bad screen
initiation).

I tried to enforce using right resolution with"

Option      "PanelSize" "1280x800"

but with no effect.

My question is if the radeon driver support widescreen resolutions like
mine (16:10)? Do you have any solutions for mine problem or any
suggestions? Thanks for replying in advance and sorry for my poor English.

Patryk _PaT Malina