[article] trimming down autoconf's configure scripts by using pkg-config

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Mon Mar 27 17:13:57 PST 2006

* Gabor Gombas <gombasg at sztaki.hu> schrieb:

<snip>

> You don't have to update autoconf and libtool has nothing to do with it.

autoconf + libtool have enough points to fix nevertheless.
I had to completely rewrite libtool to get SYSROOT'ed builds handled
properly.

In fact I've written an drop-in libtool replacement as an frontend
for my universal toolchain command set:

    http://wiki.metux.de/public/Universal_Toolchain

<snip>

> There are significant differences between autoconf 2.13 and 2.50+.
> configure.in scripts written for 2.13 usually need (sometimes
> non-trivial) manual tweaking before they work with 2.50.

Bad enough.

cu
	rsync://sources.metux.de/metux-patches