[ANNOUNCE] xdm 1.0.2 released

Tue Mar 28 13:36:54 PST 2006

Wang Zhenyu wrote:
> I need below patch to compile it on my P4 Linux, otherwise I got:
>
> util.c: In function `CleanUpChild':
> util.c:249: error: too few arguments to function `setpgid'

*sigh* bad mix of the old platform #ifdefs and the new autoconf
feature test #ifdefs.

I started to go back in and moved all the setsid/setpgrp/setpgid code
to using the autoconf tests, but that ended up collapsing down to
setsid() being used on all platforms that were POSIX.1-1990 compliant,
and since 16 years should be long enough to have met that minimum
requirement, just hardcoded use of setsid() and dropped all use of
setpgrp or setpgid.

I believe this will do the right thing for all current platforms,
but am not familiar enough with the intracicies of the different
implementations of these to be sure.   Does anyone see
any problems with the attached patch?   (It also throws in error
check on the call to daemon() and exit on failure of that.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com