6.9.0 drivers no longer handle multiple cards?

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:33:44 PST 2006

> However, booting with the 9250 as primary using 'pci=routeirq' and issuing
> a 'setpci -s 01:00.0 command=7' does allow to start 'X -probeonly' on the
> x300.  The monitor synchronizes to the correct modeline but the computer
> hangs.
>
> Perhaps pci_enable_device() doesn't do what the ATI/radeon driver expects ?

I mentioned this before but nothing ever happened , the way that X
decides a video card is the secondary is by checking if the BARs are
enabled for it, however if a DRM is loaded for one card it will call
pci_enable_device for all cards, but due to the card not being posted
X will try and use it anyways..

Really this is one of those really hard to fix things, the kernel
needs to trigger the posting really not X ..

Dave.