xorg-announce list created for announcements

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Fri Mar 31 02:07:23 PST 2006

Hi,
I've just created xorg-announce at lists.freedesktop.org[0] for release
announcements (including individual tarballs).  When you do a new
tarball release, please do the following:
  * make it available in
    /srv/xorg.freedesktop.org/www/releases/individual/<component>[1]
    on gabe,
  * send an email to xorg-announce with [ANNOUNCE] foobar-1.2.3 as the
    subject[2],
  * include a short description of changes since the previous release,
  * include URLs to the new tarballs, preferably also with MD5/SHA1
    sums,
  * GPG-sign your mail[3].

As evil as Reply-To munging is, I've forced the Reply-To to xorg at .
Discussion should happen there.  In extreme cases where you need to post
other things (e.g. do not use this tarball under any circumstances),
please contact either myself or ajax to get your mail manually rammed
through.

As always, development discussion should continue to happen on xorg at .

Cheers,
Daniel