configure options for XGL and compiz

Ioannis Nousias s0238762 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 31 05:25:24 PST 2006

hello everyone!

There is a great amount of suggested (or even mandatory)  configure
option for Xgl, to have a successful build.
 I suggest the inclusion of an "INSTALL" text file in CVS under xserver
xgl-0-0-1 branch or make those the default (if not already done so).
Same applies for compiz.

I found some suggestions by David Reveman in this link:
http://www.qdh.org.uk/wordpress/?p=24

which for xgl looks like this:
./autogen.sh --enable-xgl --disable-xorg --disable-xprint --enable-glx
--enable-dri --with-mesa-source=/source_folder/mesa
--with-release-snap=1 --disable-dmx --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest
--enable-xglx --enable-xkb --disable-kdriveserver
--prefix=/install_folder/Xgl

in the same "letter" David suggests having a build-in Mesa libGL.a
(indirect and static) for compiz:
./autogen.sh --prefix=/install_folder/Xgl
--with-gl-libs="/source_folder/mesa/lib/libGL.a -pthread -ldrm"

which is indeed very helpful.

so to sum-up, it would be good to have those suggestions in CVS in a
convenient place.

regards,
Ioannis