2 compiz patches

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Mar 31 05:28:15 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 12:02 +0200, Alex Jasse wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Here are 2 patches for compiz:
>
> "compiz_show_desktop.diff" adapts metacity's show-desktop-behaviour,
> i.e. when compiz is in show-desktop-mode and a new window is opened or a
> window is maximized, only this window will be shown.

I've updated compiz so that show desktop mode works better. It's more
like metacity's behavior but not exactly as I'm not convinced metacity's
way of doing it is the best. Let me know what you think.

> "compiz_switch_all_windows.diff" will show every window in the switcher,
> not only non-minimized ones.

I don't like to keep pixmaps around for unmapped windows. Eventually
when we can do input transformation, windows will likely not be unmapped
at all when being hidden and this will work a lot better. For now, I
suggest that we just show an icon for windows that are not mapped.