Retrieve memory address range where the pixel data are stored at a given coordinates

Giuseppe Torelli colossus73 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 02:02:44 PST 2006

Hi,

suppose I have a range of coordinates x,y,width,height. How can I
determine the memory address range (start , end) where the pixel data
are contained at those coordinates?

I don't know If I have been clear, I need to compare that memory range
to detect changes in the root window (I know about XDamage extension).

Thanks,
P.S. can you please Cc the replies, I'm not subscribed to the list, thanks.

Giuseppe Torelli
--
Xarchiver, a Linux GTK+2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.xfce.org
Xscreencast, a DE independent desktop session recorder -