Video playback strangeness

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 21:29:36 PDT 2006

> > When I'm playing a video fullscreen that has something moving in a
> > window behind it (like a progress bar), the video will flash right
> > over the spot where there is movement behind it.  I stripped my
> > xorg.conf down a while ago and I'm wondering if I should add something
> > back in to fix this.  The only modules I'm loading are glx, dbe, and
> > extmod.  I'm using the nvidia drivers.
>
> Unfortunately not many people here will be able to help you much because the
> nvidia drivers are proprietary. I would recommend one of the nVidia graphics
> forums where you are more likely to have more people who use those drivers.
>
> I do have this suggestion, though: check that Xv is operating properly. You
> can discern this e.g. from the console output of Mplayer or commands such
> as 'xvinfo'.

Thanks Andrew, I was hoping it wasn't a driver issue.  xvinfo doesn't
output anything with "error" in it.  Is there anything in particular I
should be looking for?

By the way, another anomaly is if the video is not at full screen and
another window is brought to the front of it, the video part of the
window still stays in front while the window's border goes in back
like it should.

- Grant