7.2 RC1

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Oct 14 07:17:58 PDT 2006

> > What is the procedure for doing a release?
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/MakingReleases

Thanks.

Can we amend this for future releases to include at least a sentence or
two in the README?

And require that the COPYING file be completed (for future releases)?

(No change of existing but only for upcoming individual releases.)

Currently we have around 142 empty READMEs and around 297 COPYING files
that have not been done.

Also font/screen-cyrillic has no details -- where did this come from? Why
is it in the source tree?

For the missing READMEs, I will look at descriptions provided by package
distributors and man pages and make some simple READMEs. I will post new
READMEs here to this list for review (not one at a time but for groups of
20 or so). Sound okay?

As for wsfb, I will do the release for it. "make distcheck" appears to run
to completion. And I will test the tarballs some.

- Jeremy C. Reed