Working quad display suggestions

Maciej Grzywocz emgie at netinfo.pl
Tue Oct 17 01:48:27 PDT 2006

Hi all

I'm starting to develop an application which has to use several
displays (at least four, maybe more in the future).

I need to have a working hardware configuration capable of displaying
one big window spanning 3 monitors plus one for controll app.

Do you have some experience with quad head config? Which hardware will
work without problems?

There are some quad gfx cards available, eg. Matrox G450 MMS Quad,
Matrox QID, ATI FireMV 2400 (apparently problematic with Xinerama from
what I've read here).

Will a dual Radeon X300 and two PCI cards work as 4-head display?

Or maybe some older PCI nVidia cards (according to
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-8756/README/appendix-v.html
they will be capable of hardware 3d acceleration in Xinerama)?

I'll appreciate any info about your working quad head setup. TIA.

--
 Maciej Grzywocz