missing LICENSES and COPYING files

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Oct 17 17:06:59 PDT 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Daniel Stone wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:46:59PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > And where is the license for driver/xf86-video-fbdev?
>
> Check the XFree86 licence file, I think it's called TAG or something.
> Code written by XFree86 but without an explicit statement of copyright
> is copyright the XFree86 Project, and released under the XFree86 licence
> v1.0.

Thanks, I will add the license to replace
driver/xf86-video-fbdev/COPYING. (I see some other COPYING files also have
it.)

And I will add to xf86-video-wsfb/COPYING (which I was creating). wsfb is
why I noticed the license was missing because it said it was based on the
fbdev.c code and I saw that fbdev.c didn't mention any license just the
"Authors".