Radeon M7 rendering problem for SXGA+

John Klingler john at jupiter.com
Wed Oct 18 10:20:20 PDT 2006

The ATI Radeon M7 BLTs require screen width to be an even multiple of 64
bytes, otherwise the pitch is wrong. For example, when moving a window,
the window contents appear as diagonal artifacts on the root window.

For screen widths that are not multiples of 64, for example 1400
(SXGA+), ATI says they think setting the surface width to the next
greater multiple of 64 should correct this. I didn't see any way to do
that and am still awaiting a reply. In the meantime, I use the cfb blits
for this situation. (The problem also occurs when the resolution is
800x600x8Bpp. )

Does anyone know how to get the M7 accelerated blits to work in cases
such as this?

Thanks,

John Klingler
P.S. This problem affects all the M7 rendering functions, e.g. lines
etc., not just the blits.