Default modules to load ... [using git question]

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Oct 25 03:35:33 PDT 2006

On Oct 24, 06 13:24:32 -0400, Sean wrote:
> But this is really a good question for the Git list; I may be missing
> something obvious.  Please don't take my answers as authoritative.

Yep. I think I'll post on the git list.
I was posting here first because I thought I missed something trivial.

> > to create a new .git/remotes/origin. Unfortunately, this slows down the
> > update process even more, which already is pretty damn slow. The only
> > thing of git that is slow, so it's even more recognizable.
>
> Hmmm, strange that you should seeing a slow update process.  For me it's very fast.

Even with my script substituting git+ssh://git. to git://anongit. it
takes several seconds per repository, or a total of >21 minutes for an
update of the whole X tree. I, personally, call that slow. Even a
cvs update of the monolithic tree was way faster AFAIR.

For a single repository it's ok, of course.

CU

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __