Suppressing automatic modes

Perry Hutchison perryh at pluto.rain.com
Fri Sep 1 11:44:38 PDT 2006

> Disabling DDC will give you back control.
>
>     NoDDC "True"

That syntax was not recognized.  'Options "NoDDC"' was, but did
not help: with only that addition it defaulted to 640x480, and
when I added horizontal and vertical sync ranges (equal to what the
monitor had reported before) I was back to the original behavior
with an automatic 1280x960 mode that the monitor couldn't handle.
The solution seems to be to repeat the Modes line in every Depth
section (see an earlier post), while leaving DDC enabled.