Intel GMA 900 & XVideo Accelleration (i810 drivers)

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 19:37:45 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 19:32 -0700, galenz at zinkconsulting.com wrote:
> For whatever it's worth, I'm using the x86-64 build of FC5 and x86-64
> builds of VLC, Xine, MPlayer, etc.

I don't know anything about x86-64 so maybe someone else can chime in
here with some suggestions.

> I have no problem running gdb, except for the fact I've never worked
> with gdb before. Can you point me in the right direction?

First, you need the -DebugInfo packages for vlc, the X server, and
anything else that might be involved in VLC's video playback (like
libXv). Otherwise, you will get a backtrace with meaningless memory
addresses.

Run vlc under gdb by typing: 'gdb vlc' on the command line. You will be
presented with a (gdb) prompt. Type 'run' and the program will start.
Make it crash. The program will not exit, instead it will return control
to the debugger. You can then type 'bt' or 'where' and gdb will print
the stack at the time of the crash. This is what you should post here.
Who knows, the library and function names might give you some leads
yourself. :)