Card recommendations

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Mon Sep 11 04:58:54 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 12:41 +0100, Ian Grant wrote:
> In the next month or two we will buy several dozen machines for use
> with digital flat panel displays. Because it's the start of term in
> October we can't wait for Xorg 7.2 release, sadly. Would it be foolish
> to try to use ADD2 DVI cards and the modesetting i810 branch before
> then? The displays are 1600x1200 so running them from analog might be
> embarassing. But maybe I'll experiment a bit today.

I have a 1680x1050 panel that I'm currently running with an analogue
cable.  I tried the modesettings branch but it crashed for me (I've yet
to get more gdb action to try and fix it up) so for now I'm using stock
X, and with a decent VGA cable its surprisingly sharp.

Ross
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./