Finding needle in haystack..

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Sep 11 16:55:15 PDT 2006

Thomson, David-P63356 wrote:
> Developers,
>
> Could someone please hear me out and shoot me a quick response, I find
> these developer mailing lists are pretty segregated and people only
> respond to posts that deal exclusively with the work they are doing.
>
> Short story:  I am doing work for "No Such Agency" .  Our project would
> like a nice clean way of getting the socket number associated with the
> XID of a window.  Is there a function that returns this info?  If not
> I'll be making such a function.  If I do, I'll be looking for where the
> window id's/socket number correlation is stored/modified.

The X server stores a file descriptor id for each client (not window) in
a table internally, but those are not necessarily sockets, and don't have
any meaning outside that process and the kernel's fd table for that process,
so I'm not sure what you're looking for.  What are you referring to as
a "socket number"?

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com