Finding needle in haystack..

Yaroslav Rastrigin yarick at it-territory.ru
Mon Sep 11 22:37:28 PDT 2006

Greets, David,
On Tuesday 12 September 2006 04:32, Thomson, David-P63356 wrote:
> Thanks for all your comments,
> We are editing a window manager to make it selinux "label-aware".  We
> want to color the window of "an app", we'll pretend it's Gimp, based on
> the security level of the document it wants to open.  The window manager
> therefore needs insight into what documents (not executables) are being
> launched in it's windows.
Well, since you're talking local, you could (?could you in SELinux ? never worked with this flavour of a beast)
LD_PRELOAD your custom lib wrapping fopen(...) and XOpenDisplay(...)/XCreateSimpleWindow(...)
to more or less reliably link PID, window ID and set of open files.

--
Managing your Territory since the dawn of the times