Can't get xserver installed

James Shewey jdshewey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:50:47 PDT 2006

I have installed libX11 and am trying to install xserver from the git
repository so that I can try out the aiglx features. Unfortunately though,
when I install, I recieve the following error:

./configure: line 27265: syntax error near unexpected token `XLIB,'
./configure: line 27265: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(XLIB, x11)'

I am currently using automake 1.9.6 and autogen 2.60, libtool 1.5.22 and
pkg-config (latest version). If I need to install pkg-config out of the
development repositories, how do I get around this error:

"configure.in:391: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(glib_cv_sane_realloc, ...):
suspicious presence of an AC_DEFINE in the second argument, where no actions
should be taken
autoconf/general.m4:1922: AC_CACHE_VAL is expanded from...
configure.in:391: the top level
configure.in:391: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(glib_cv_sane_realloc, ...):
suspicious presence of an AC_DEFINE in the second argument, where no actions
should be taken
autoconf/general.m4:1922: AC_CACHE_VAL is expanded from...
configure.in:391: the top level
Makefile.am:68: BUILT_SOURCES multiply defined in condition TRUE ...
Makefile.am:11: ... `BUILT_SOURCES' previously defined here
Makefile.am:86: noinst_DATA multiply defined in condition TRUE ...
Makefile.am:63: ... `noinst_DATA' previously defined here
Makefile.am:124: whitespace following trailing backslash
configure.in:391: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(glib_cv_sane_realloc, ...):
suspicious presence of an AC_DEFINE in the second argument, where no actions
should be taken
autoconf/general.m4:1922: AC_CACHE_VAL is expanded from...
configure.in:391: the top level
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
aclocal
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a template
without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see
the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
configure.in:106: AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR must be called before
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE...
configure.in:4: ... AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE called here"

I am running ubuntu dapper 6.06
--
On 5/17/6, a spammer known as PharmaMaster (PM) attacked Blue Security (BS).

Using a program called Blue Frog, BS created a distributed network of over ½
mil users who would automatically send opt out requests to spammers'
clients. This was so effective that PM declared that BS "found the right
solution to stop spam, and I can't let this continue." PM then DDoSd BS,
endangered the net by hacking a major router on the net's backbone to block
BS' webpage and finally attacked typepad, where BS had just surrendered 30
min earlier. This attack caused about 2000 servers to go down including
typepad and livejournal.While BS gave up because they felt this would
"prevent a full-scale cyber-war that we just don't have the authority to
start" The community disagreed and started a Blue Frog clone called okopipi
which will prevents DDOS attacks by using decentralization.

With your help we can fight back against PM and his spam mafia. Please join
at okopipi.org and help take back our internet.