Bring on the release wrangling

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Thu Sep 14 13:05:55 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 21:26, Drew Parsons wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 22:41 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > For the nomination phase, if you own a module, kindly speak up as to
> > which branch you want to be included in the 7.2 katamari, and which
> > branches (if any) you plan to merge between then and now.  Feature
> > completion should be done by RC1.
> >
> > For those modules with no owner, I'll likely just pick the stable branch.
>
> I applied a small fix for correctly processing the manpages of
> app/xphelloworld.
> Will you be bumping its version in configure.ac as a routine part of the
> 7.2 release management or should it be tarballed separately?

Basically, at every RC, I make a sweep of all the packages, and if anything on
the branch of that package targetted at 7.2 release has changed, I bump and
release.  So this would get picked up automatically at RC1.  Of course people
are free (and encouraged) to release stuff on their own, in which case the RC
process for me degrades to just linking to the release you already did.

- ajax