[Members] Re: Call for volunteers: Next X.org Developer's Conference, early 2007

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Tue Sep 19 12:34:07 PDT 2006

Alan Coopersmith writes:
 > Egbert Eich wrote:
 > > There are people who would like to see such events
 > > being moved out of the US to elude the harassment
 > > on visa application or entry.
 >
 > We already have DDC in Canada and the events you & Luc organized in Europe
 > for people who want to stay out of the US - must 100% of events be outside
 > the US or is a majority of them enough?

Alan,

Well, the FOSDEM event is entirely different.

The XDevConf is considered *the* X Window System
conference.
Maybe we manage to grow FOSDEM - which will be hard
to do if it is so close to XDevConf.
DDC is really not X-related. In fact your talk was
the only one that was X-related this year.

Cheers,
	Egbert.