RandR 1.2 for Xorg 7.2?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Sep 24 01:22:18 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 17:41 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> Especially since most hardware (especially recent ones) can detect that
> something is connected on the connectors (both analog and digital)
> regardless of DDC availability... Actually, radeons for example can even
> send an interrupt when the detection status of the DVI connector
> changes.

RandR has always permitted this kind of interaction, but the XFree86 DDX
implementation of it lacked any connection between the driver and the
DIX half. As I'm planning on leaving the communication between driver
and DIX entirely transparent for now, drivers are free to hook this up
for RandR 1.2.

I'd like to get more experience with the DIX/DDX/Driver interactions
before attempting to codify them in the xfree86/common layer this time.

keith.packard at intel.com