915gm - debian - mesa - wine - 3dmark2001

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at fi.muni.cz
Fri Sep 29 06:56:26 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 03:41:51PM +0200, kr992 wrote:
> So i have this error , so i cant use this drivers with xorg 7.1.1?
>
> (II) LoadModule: "intel"
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
> (II) Module intel: vendor="Intel(R) Corporation"
>        compiled for 6.8.2, module version = 5.1.838
>        Module class: X.Org Video Driver
>        ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.7
> (EE) module ABI major version (0) doesn't match the server's version (1)
> (II) UnloadModule: "intel"
> (II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
> (EE) Failed to load module "intel" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
>
> so i should reinstall all xorg? Isn't that regresion?

The version 6.8.2 is required for Intel binary driver.

As someone told some time ago, Intel open source driver does not take advantage
of Zone Rendering and possible some other memory bandwidth optimizations. It is
possible that binary driver is somewhat better.

I do not know whether Zone Rendering is possible to use with current Mesa. If
so, then ask Intel to either release the spec of HW or hire more
programmers so that things move forward faster.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek