Intel GMA 950 driving 1920x1080 over DVI?

Daniel Waineo danwaineo at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 09:05:52 PDT 2007

Hi Jason,

I'm pretty sure it will work with the "modesetting" or
"intel" driver.  Newer distributions should include
it.  I have a intel DG965OT driving a 1280x720 LCD tv
and it's working great with both the vga port and the
DVI ADD2 card.  My resolution is fairly odd (for a
computer), so I think it will work for you too.  I
think those boards with DVI on the motherboard are
equivalent to an ADD2 card.

I'm just a user, not a developer.  YMMV.

-Dan Waineo