Maintainership for the abandoned acecad driver

Giuseppe Bilotta giuseppe.bilotta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:15:09 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 02:00, Daniel Stone wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 01:18:53AM +0200, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>> 1.1.2 which includes an initial implementation of automatic device
>> detection).
>
> Awesome.  How is the automatic device detection done, though?  I'd like
> to avoid a repeat of the evdev disaster ...

No, much simpler. I got the idea (and much of the code) from the synaptics
driver: it tries each /dev/input/eventX until one is found whose driver
name begins with "acecad". It's a little too braindead at the moment, but I
don't know if it's possible to just ask the kernel "tell me about the
eventX handled by the usb_acecad module".

> Right, it could probably be optimised by making git-format-patch dump
> into a directory and using --compose with the directory for
> git-send-email.  The manpage is a bit confusing about the
> --compose/--in-reply-to interactions, but hopefully it'll DTRT.

Did it? gmail didn't thread the things correctly, maybe because of the
subject change, but they appear correctly threaded through the gmane
interface --except for the last two messages which I had to send in a
second batch ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta