Code slush starts, and 7.3 release schedule

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Aug 1 14:19:44 PDT 2007

On 8/1/07, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> I'd been blocking laying out a schedule on getting the input problems
> sorted.  Now that 1.3.99.0 is out, I'd like to propose the following
> schedule:
>
> 2007-08-01: Code slush starts
> 2007-08-15: Code freeze starts, server-1.4-branch created
> 2007-08-29: Release 1.4 and 7.3
>
> Code slush meaning "apply minor fixes at will, but please get mailing
> list review before any major changes, including interface changes across
> modules".
>
> During code freeze, approval from one of ajax, daniels, or myself is
> necessary.  And for the 3 of us, we should get review from someone else.

Can we get the input redirection code from David in for this release?
What exactly is blocking this?  As far as I understand, most of the
code is done and it's just some XInput details that needs to be
straightened out.  It's an important step towards a fully functional
composited desktop.

thanks,
Kristian