[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati 6.6.193

Zoltan Boszormenyi zboszor at dunaweb.hu
Sat Aug 4 04:01:19 PDT 2007

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:
> Hi,
>
> Dave Airlie írta:
>>
>> This is another ati driver RC aimed at server 1.3. Still not randr-1.2.
>> It contains a bunch of fixes for the upcoming (I swear) 6.7 release.
>>
>> Main features:
>> fix a serious crasher in DPMS code, addition of EXA hook for
>> zero-copy TFP
>> and RS480 support. Along with numerous other cleanups
>>

> Do I need a newer Mesa for Xpress 200M to work?

The answer seems to be yes.

> I just compiled this driver on stock but freshly updated Fedora 7
> and restarted X. According to Xorg.0.log the kernel is new enough
> to enable DRI. But starting glxgears killed X. :-(

Not glxgears doesn't lock X up and runs at about 1150 fps.
Now glxinfo indicates NON-TCL mode.
I was a bit brave at this point and tried to run ppracer.
But it bails out shortly after starting. It switches resolution
but doesn't switch back. It dies with:

ppracer: symbol lookup error: ppracer: undefined symbol: gluBuild2DMipmaps

Is there a bug in the new libGLU?
I also noticed that sometimes the screen viewport is not correctly set,
e.g. everything is shifted up and the GNOME top panel is invisible,
the screen's lower part is garbage.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi