intel 855GM and TV-out

Maximilian Engelhardt maxi at daemonizer.de
Sat Aug 4 09:02:47 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to get the TV-out of my 855GM working with the new intel driver,
but it seems that the driver doesn't detect my TV-output.

I got TV-out working with the old i810 driver some time ago, so the TV-output
does work. But since I updated to the new intel driver I can't find anything
where I can enable TV-out. It just seems as the driver doesn't recognise my
card has a TV-out.

I'll post some information about my system:

I'm using the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver (version 2.1.0) from debian
unstable.

the lspci output of the card:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
	Graphics Device (rev 02)

maxi at koala:~$ xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1400 x 1050, maximum 1400 x 1400
VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right)
LVDS connected 1400x1050+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 305mm x 228mm
   1400x1050      61.8*+
   1280x800       60.0
   1280x768       60.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3
   640x480        59.9
TMDS disconnected (normal left inverted right)

searching for something like TV doesn't find a single match in my Xorg.0.log
file.

I tried searching for this problem on the internet but all I could find was
the information that TV-out should work with my card.

Thanks,
Maxi